Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Kid's Room Edition






This week Kelly is spotlighting kids' rooms. I have two kiddos, but am only going to showcase my daughter's room today (my son's room is not interesting enough yet)!




This is the view from the door. Sorry for the weird angle, but it's a narrow opening at the door and then breaks out into the actual room. Her walls are beige because this was my son's room when he was our only child. After that, it was my office while the kiddos shared a room temporarily. Jilly is quite content in her room, as you can see in the picture. She enjoys playing house with her babies. She's in for quite a treat tomorrow when she receives her playhouse at her birthday party tomorrow! It will reside in that far corner.



Here is Jillian's Art Gallery. She got the boa as a party favor and we decided to repurpose it as a replacement for the boring ole clothesline that formerly displayed her prized artwork. The wall lettering is from Hobby Lobby. I must say it can be quite addicting, those wall decals! I'm thinking I need to have an
Uppercase Living party!




The canopy over Jilly's bed actually used to serve as a bone fide mosquito net! We had a mosquito problem many, many, prekid years ago and WGH bought the net to keep us from being bug food while we slept! I dug it out of the attic and we attached the boa to "girl it up" a little. I am a very cheap decorator!


Here is more evidence of my cheap decorating skills. Those plain black frames I salvaged from my classroom (I displayed class group photos in them). Gather some artwork and/or photos, add some scrapbook paper, and voila, you have a nice filler for any room. Same thing applies for the butterflies hanging from the ceiling in the corner: these were school and church art projects that I hung from a dowel that I painted pink.

This view is from the far corner. The framed work is yet another example of using up leftover scrapbook paper, as are the covered initials on the wall.


This is my favorite addition to Jillian's room, her bedskirt. We had some leftover tulle around the house, so I just tied it to a bit of cording and attached it to the plain flat sheet that had served as her bedskirt. If you notice in the picture above this one, it is an unfinished project! I ran out of tulle ;)

Hope you enjoyed the tour! Hop on over to Kelly's Korner (click on the icon at the top of the post) and check out some absolutely fabulous kid's room and super adorable nurseries!

4 comments:

Butterflies to Chase