Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Baaack!!!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


What a way to get through a Monday! After taking an "In Tribute of Stellan" hiatus from "Not Me!" Mondays, I, along with MckMama and her other loyal followers, are resuming this super fun blog carnival.

You'd think it was a long list today, but here goes:

  • I certainly DID NOT have a super long "Not me!" list to share with you. And if by chance I did, I NEVER would have "misplaced" said list thereby eliminating any chance of having to share them with the public!

  • At AWANA awards last night, I definitely WAS NOT the mom in the front row shaking her head in total lack of surprise when her 4-year-old son corrected his teacher on stage for saying the "C verse" incorrectly. Whoever that poor mom was (she certainly WASN'T me) I'm sure she absolutely treasures her son's OCD behaviors. Here's a picture of that kid. Maybe his mom WON'T admit to him belonging to her on her blog...
  • The day after bravely getting a shorter haircut (my hair is very curly and shorter is not always better!), I DID NOT call for a "readjustment" on my hair after NOT being compared to Carrot Top (sans the red hue) by my little sister! In the defense of my awesome stylist (that is, if this story was actually true, BUT IT IS NOT!!), she dry cuts my hair and likes to transform my corkscrews into a sleek and straight mane of hair, thus she did not cut the layers short enough to prevent what I would NEVER term "mushroom hair!"
  • In order to prevent "having a case of the Mondays," I DIDN'T let my kiddos dress themselves for school, right down to the socks (well, most definitely NOT the socks!). The end results, if I actually did do this, would NEVER look like this:


Yes, this is a pink polka dot shirt, coral shorts, and turquoise socks.





And yes, his shirt is on backwards and he is wearing orange & gray socks.




But NO, I DO NOT know to whom these kids belong!


    • If in fact, we were having "a case of the Mondays" (which we WEREN'T), I would NEVER be caught dead letting my children use those new on-the-go tootbrushes (Colgate Wisps) in the car on the way to school because we seemed to forget to brush our teeth! That must have been the mom in the car next to us at the red light.

      Well, I feel better! But of course it is at the expense of someone else's embarrassment because I can easily say to all of these (and much more) NOT ME!

      Now it's your turn. Let us know what you HAVEN'T been up to this week. I promise you'll feel better!


    5 comments:

    1. Good for you for letting the kids dress themselves! I can tell you that certain uber controlling people in our house WOULD NEVER allow that to happen.

      Great Not Me's!

      BlogBaby

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have my kids dress themselves quite often. It makes me humble. I think. I have picked up my son from kindergarten and found him wearing his pants backwards and his shirt inside out...oh to be the age where it just don't matter.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh, that's too bad about your Not Me! Monday list. At least you have an excuse for socks that don't really match. For my kids I can only blame my hubby. Which is why he always asks me to pick out clothes in the morning if he's the one to get them dressed. Ha! Thanks for sharing!
      You can check out my Not Me! Monday post at http://www.babylovingmama.com/

      ReplyDelete
    4. I thought I would check out the other "butterfly" blogs on the Not Me Monday list. And thanks to your post, I can now add another good thing about homeschooling the kids. When they dress themselves, I'm the only one who sees them! :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. So did you see my kid trip across the stage after receiving his awards?? Then jumping up and yelling "I'm OK!" Takes after his mom. By the way, I didn't realize that boys had to have matching socks...I figured as long as he had more than underwear on we were doing good:)

      ReplyDelete

    Butterflies to Chase