Friday, May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Kitchen Edition

I discovered this blog carnival through I'm especially fond of you (which you should check out when you have a chance!) and thought, "I've got a shiny sink now, so why not?!"

You can check out the creator of "Show Us Where You Live Fridays" by clicking on the title of this blog entry.

Anywho, here's my kitchen. It's a continual work in progress as I am never satisfied with what I have, yet do not want to spend ANY money to change anything! WGH taught me a saying long ago: "You should love it because it's yours!" So here's to loving our kitchens!

Here's the view from the kids' playroom. We love eating here because of the view of the lake--I mean retention pond--that is behind our house. I really don't care for the window treatments, as I am wanting to lighten things up a bit, but I don't have any scraps of fabric laying around to change them.

What was intended to be the dining room is actually our kids' playroom. We enjoy cozying up to this little table that WGH's mom gave to us. The kids love sitting next to each other on the bench and inevitably we have to separate them!

The view from the back door:


Here's the hub of our home, well besides my laptop! That's my Zen, FlyLady Control Journal, and timer there. My house would be in shambles without these items!


Every morning, I am welcomed into the kitchen by the smell of my Folger's Black Silk coffee brewing (I have found a compromise for my Starbuck's taste on a Folger's budget!). I dug that lamp out of a closet after reading a
Nesting Place blog on lamps. And yes, that is a bust of Shakespeare on top of my fridge. William used to grace the credenza in my classroom back when I used to teach high school English (if you won't get out your red pen, I won't get out mine).

Can you tell I've got a thing for the Bard?! This quote is from Twelfth Night.


What kitchen would be complete without a "Honey Do List"? WGH even has a few marked off!


Sure, I wish my kitchen were bigger and had stainless appliances. A couple of those gel mats would be nice, too. But, nevertheless, I love it because it's MINE!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your kitchen!!! The colors are wonderful...the green, the dark cabinets, etc. I also love the quote above the cabinet....great idea! Your kitchen is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the tour...you have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing at all wrong with your kitchen...I love it! My favorite is that you have a bust on top of your refrigerator. That's truly awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful kitchen! I think the bust is very unique! I love your cabinets, too! Have a great weekend! Thanks for sharing and allowing us to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen an Orsino quote in a kitchen before. I totally love it! I'm an English nerd if you couldn't have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FLYLADY control journal!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've told myself to start one of those----I need serious FLY help---I didn't even post my kitchen because I'm too lazy to clear off all the crap laying around:-)
    Thanks for the tour!
    Love,
    Snow White

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing your kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in total envy of your kitchen!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tour! I'm a FLY baby, too! LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen is great! We really should try to get together some day soon. Cora will be 6 weeks old next Friday, so I'm planning on going to church Mother's day. Maybe we can at least hook up and say hi. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Butterflies to Chase