Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Living Room Edition


Last week was so much fun, touring other kitchens! This week we are touring the living room. So, come on in and make yourself at home.



This is the view from the foyer. Our foyer and living room are painted a dark brown color. This was a total impulse decision, but we ended up liking it! We have enough light coming in to keep it from feeling like we're in a cave, yet at night it is dark enough to really enjoy watching TV. Eventually I'd like to switch out the curtains for something that is lighter, but those were ones I had and so they work great for now! Notice the side-by-side recliners. My son wants to be like Daddy!



Here's the view from the kitchen sink. Those huge pictures on the wall need to be repositioned. We had an entertainment center there before we got the plasma, so the pictures were placed around that. Hopefully this weekend we will get out the big ladder to straighten them. As you can see, those are not the only pictures that need attention. My poor kids have been propped up on the side table for quite some time as well!



This is the view from the back door/breakfast nook. Sometimes I think our couches are too big for our space, but when I cozy down in them or have to clean up after the kiddos, I realize how much I appreciate my husband for putting his foot down on this decision :) We try to keep this room as toy-free as possible (haha). Our philosophy: the kids have overtaken every other room in the house, so why not have some "grown up" spaces (our bedroom is the other toy-free zone)!



Our poor fireplace really needs some attention! That spaghetti bowl under the TV is on the Honey Do List. Need to bump that one up to the top of the list! I saw in this living room an idea on camoflauging the front of the fireplace that I so want to copy! One day I would also like to have the mantle expanded to frame the fireplace more and install some crown molding, but we have plenty of happy years left in this house to accomplish this! Even though we strive to keep the living room "toy free," they do enjoy reading in here (this is where they keep their books) and we do gather around the ottoman to play Uno and Candyland.



One of the things we love the most about our house is the view from the backyard. I love sitting here in this oversized chair watching the ducks swim by or people walking/running with their families. Check out more living rooms by visiting Kelly's Korner! Thanks for stopping by!

For all you moms out there, have a fabulous Mother's Day!

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."
Proverbs 31:10-12

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on a toy-free living room, but that child sized recliner is TOO CUTE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the layout and the color of the walls. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your room!! And I love that your daughter has my name:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful color! My little one has her own special chair in the living room too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color! Thanks for sharing.

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am glad your husband pushed for that name because I LOVE my name and not many people can say that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those little chairs!!

    ReplyDelete

Butterflies to Chase