Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Boy could I give you quite the anthology of wild and crazy things my kiddos have said this past week! It never ceases to amaze me the things they say. And it truly blows my mind when I consider the things that run through their minds that they never verbally express! One of my most favorite things about raising my children is that my husband and I get to rediscover the world with them. So many times we take for granted how things appear or work, but listening to the observations of children seem to put it in a new perspective.



Take today for instance. Wes and I had to go in to see our allergist. Because of a very eventful night (that included very little sleep for our entire household), I let Jilly skip school--no need to terrorize her fellow preschoolers (or teachers for that matter) with any fatigue-induced fits! So she was able to tag along on our doctor visit. If you recall
this visit to the allergist, you can only imagine what conversations could have possibly been had today! After exams and discussion with the doctor, a head x-ray was ordered for Wes to check for a possible sinus infection. Upon entering the dark x-ray room, the following was heard:

Technician: "Okay Wes, I'm going to sit you in this chair and put this cool apron on you. Then I'm going to use this machine to take a picture of your head."

Wes: (eyes as wide as saucers at the sight of all the equipment) "Are you gonna suck out all my memories?!"

Where does he come up with that stuff?

And then back in the examination room, Jilly was trying to make sense of what had just happened to her brother.



Jilly: "Did you see that cross (referring to the cross-shaped shadow from the x-ray machine) on the back of brother's head? That is the cross Jesus died on. But he didn't know why he was dying on brother's head. It was just the bad men who put him there."


Oh my! I guess we really need to clarify some things about the Easter story with our three-year-old!


And since I promised you here that I had a laundry related Jilly-ism to share, I'm certainly not about to go back on my word!


Last Thursday, Jilly decided that she needed a mommy-daughter day (translated: HOOKY). When I told her that girls too sick to go to preschool had to go home and rest and not play, she asked me if I would rest with her. When I responded, "No sugar, I have to do laundry." She exclaimed, "Ohhhh, LAUNDRY!! I loooove laundry! If I help you with laundry Mommy, I'll feel so better!"


Let's see if you hold to that opinion when you're ten!



1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I love those kids!! I truly feel so blessed to be a part of your family, at least during the school year! What am I gonna do without Wes' sweet smile next year?

    ReplyDelete

Butterflies to Chase