Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

It seems that my newly-turned five-year-old is the star of this week’s Wordy Wednesday. Wes never ceases to amaze us with his observations and sometimes never-ending conversations. Sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious, always thought-provoking, Wes certainly gives me plenty of fodder for blogging!






This week at his five-year checkup, our brand new pediatrician got a full dose of our precious (and precocious) son! The introductions went something like this:





Dr. G: Hi Wesley, how are you today?


Wes: I’m not sick; I’m just here for my five-year checkup. I don’t need ANY shots!

A few moments later…




Wes: (holding a soldier action figure) Dr. G, this soldier is from Indiana Jones part four and he’s a bad guy. Do you know what kind of soldier he is?


Dr. G: No sir.


Wes: It’s a German soldier. German soldiers that are bad are called Nazis. We don’t like Nazis ‘cuz they did bad things.


Dr. G: (looking strangely at me) I see.

Nice introduction, don’t you think?!


Because the church was hosting a Judgment House for Halloween, Wesley’s preschool class had to be relocated for a week so that it could be transformed into “Heaven.” The Monkey class teachers decided to take their class to visit “Heaven” and needless to say, Wesley was a little excited to share with us all about his trip. When his Mema came over to visit he exclaimed, “Mema, today I went to Heaven and I didn’t even have to die!”


Enjoy the rest of the week! We sure will!


2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Does he see Dr. Grave? Too cute...... boys!!


    -Allison Henderson =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy takes my breath away ( in a good way)!!

    ReplyDelete

Butterflies to Chase