Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Some of my fellow bloggers participate in what is called Wordless Wednesday where all that they post is a priceless picture, usually of adorable children. The photos usually are the kind that speak volumes without the need of a written word. From tickles to tears, I love those photos!

Being the rebel that I am--those who have known me for quite some time now are probably snorting at my obvious misrepresentation of myself--I am choosing to do a Wordy Wednesday. I promise not to crank out a novel (in addition to my totally unrebellious nature, I was also once known for being rather verbose), but rather turn this post over to the hilarious, insane, but often insightful ramblings of my two precious preschoolers.

Are you ready for this?!


A few days ago, my Transformers-addicted son was wondering why one of the animated characters was so rude. I explained to him that the character was arrogant and then proceeded to explain to him what that meant. He went on watching his cartoon, seemingly happy with my explanation. Days later, we were reading the awesome children's book The Rough-Faced Girl. Looking at one of the illustrations, Wesley exclaimed, "Mommy, those sisters are asparagant!" Well, he does love his veggies...


While watching Annie (and no, we don't spend the majority of our time in front of the TV!), Jilly was concerned about the girls not having mommies and daddies. However, she did not understand why the orphans were so sad. In my attempt to teach her empathy, I asked, "Jilly, if Mommy died, wouldn't you be so sad?" Her response: "Yes Mommy, but I just go get a new Mommy at Office Depot."


Gee thanks Jill! Maybe I should go buy a few extras next time they're on sale.

I've got some wordy kids huh?! How about some more!

This next Jilly transaction took place between Jilly and her Mema while they were in the backyard. Mema was blowing bubbles for Jilly to pop, but popping was not on Jillian's agenda. As the bubbles floated by, Jilly watched them dance in the breeze and sighed, "There goes my dreams!" Can anyone say, "Drama Queen?!"


My favorite wordy moment occurred while we were watching (again with the television!) Grandpa & Mema's wedding video, which featured a very young Mommy and Aunt Minda. Somewhere during the ceremony, Jillian queries, "Mema, are you and Grandpa married?" Mema answers, "Yes, we are." The follow-up ensues: "Are you husband and wife?" Again, Mema answers, "Yes Jilly." Very nonchalantly, Wes chimes in, "You get what you get."


Yes, Wesley, indeed you do!

1 comment:

Butterflies to Chase