Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Wordy Wednesday is my meager attempt at a blog carnival showcasing the various things that can be heard around our house. If your household is anything like mine, there is always a lively discussion about something! From the differences between green or yellow faces on school progress reports to whether or not Luke Skywalker has Jesus in his heart, you can sure bet there are many deep--not to mention silly, sad, and sometimes even gross--conversations to be had.


Here are a few things that could be overheard in our home this past week:


Jilly, while helping me change the sheets on my bed: "Okay Mommy, now it's time for the comfortable."



Wesley has been pondering the afterlife lately. Well, actually, he's been downright obsessed with it! And not just death, but the ideas of Heaven and Hell, as well as salvation through Jesus Christ. I have to admit, he really has been keeping me on my toes. Despite the fact that I grew up in church and have a personal knowledge of the love and grace offered to us through the atoning sacrifice of Christ, I am struggling with just how much to explain to Wes. He is very inquisitive and really comes up with some mind-blowing observations for a 4-year-old. Consider this scenario which took place over lunch:

Wes: "Mommy, I want to go to Heaven now, when I'm a kid."

Me: "Oh, Wesley, I would be so sad if you left me. Of course I would be happy that you were in Heaven, but Mommy and Daddy would miss you so much. We would be very sad."

Wes: "Don't be sad Mommy. You'll be with me again one day."




What about you? If walls could talk (oh and how I'm so very thankful they don't!), what would they recount? Post a comment telling us what crazy/goofy/thoughtful/etc. things have been said in your house recently. Who knows, maybe we're not the only house that has discussions regarding where Han Solo will spend eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterflies to Chase