Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What He Must Be...

...if he wants to marry her

For parents, that can be a thought that keeps you up all night thinking...and worrying. When we were at the 20-week ultrasound for Jilly, Kevin froze in terror when the radiology tech told us, "It's a girl!" He later told me that he had images of prom and wedding flash before his eyes at the sound of the word girl. Nearly four years later, the word wedding doesn't bother me near as much as the word husband. Will she be a blessed as I am with a spouse? Will we raise her to be a Proverbs 31 wife? As parents, will we put her in the proper places to meet a worthy husband?  Yes, I know full well that God is in control and that He already knows the answers to these questions, but a little heads up would be nice!

With all of these questions to worry--I mean, pray--about, a blog written about this subject immediately caught my attention.

Jasmine at Joyfully at Home is promoting her dad's new book/study What He Must Be (If He Wants to Marry My Daughter). As part of the promotion, she is hosting a drawing for the What He Must Be Conference DVD. Jasmine is the daughter of evangelist Voddie Baucham. If you have never heard his teaching, I highly encourage you to do so. Kevin and I were blessed with the opportunity to hear his powerful teaching as a guest speaker when we attended First Baptist Houston many years ago. Jasmine is an exceptionally gifted writer and utilizes her gift to encourage young women to pursue a more godly lifestyle. While she gears most of her writing to young, single Christian women, her messages often span all ages and stages of life.

I know that my Jilly is only just about to turn four (WOW, where does the time go?!), but it is never too early to be in prayer for the future spouses of our children. It is certainly never too early to begin cultivating godly qualities in our children so that they will be one of those "worthy" spouses.

So head on over to Jasmine's blog and check out her give-away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterflies to Chase